Lakewood in Cuyahoga County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The National Carbon Company / GrafTech International
The National Carbon Company acquired property in southeast lakewood in 1891 for its factory complex and has remained here every since. The company became GraftTech International in 2002. Throughout its history in Northeast Ohio, GrafTech has been recognized numerous times for its innovations, including a 1956 Academy Award for motion picture photography and a display of the first alkaline battery at the Smithsonian in Washington,
Erected 2011 by GrafTech International and The Ohio History Connection. (Marker Number 106-18.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection marker series.
Location. 41° 28.608′ N, 81° 46.292′ W. Marker is in Lakewood, Ohio, in Cuyahoga County. Marker is at the intersection of Madison Avenue and Newman Avenue, on the left when traveling west on Madison Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 11709 Madison Avenue, Lakewood OH 44107, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Nicholson Homestead (approx. 0.8 miles away); Dr. Jared Potter Kirtland (approx. 1.1 miles away); Alexander Winton Homestead (approx. 1.1 miles away); Lakewood Park (approx. 1.7 miles away); Oldest Stone House (approx. 1.8 miles away); The West Park African American Community (approx. 2.4 miles away); The Templin-Bradley Company (approx. 2˝ miles away); Detroit Avenue Bridge (approx. 3.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lakewood.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
More. Search the internet for The National Carbon Company / GrafTech International.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 19, 2019. This page originally submitted on July 19, 2019, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 42 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 19, 2019, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio.