Near Salisbury in Herkimer County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Bell Purchased 7 May 1831
Bell purchased 7 May 1831 by the Baptist and Universalist Societies of Salisbury for the church erected in 1831 and occupied principally by the American Baptists.
The church stood across the highway from 1831-1946 on the site of the present firehouse.
Location. 43° 8.056′ N, 74° 49.447′ W. Marker is near Salisbury, New York, in Herkimer County. Marker is at the intersection of Southern Adirondack Trail (New York State Route 29) and Military Road, on the left when traveling west on Southern Adirondack Trail. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Little Falls NY 13365, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. John Faville (approx. one mile away); Town of Salisbury War Memorial (approx. 2.1 miles away); Brockett's Bridge (approx. 3.4 miles away); Daniel Green (approx. 3½ miles away); Maltanner Creek (approx. 4.1 miles away); Trinity Church (approx. 4.4 miles away); Fairfield Academy (approx. 4½ miles away); a different marker also named Fairfield Academy (approx. 4½ miles away).
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
More. Search the internet for Bell Purchased 7 May 1831.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 26, 2019. This page originally submitted on July 24, 2019, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. This page has been viewed 31 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 24, 2019, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.