Has been designated a Contributing Resource to the University of Connecticut Historic District
One of two remaining houses built as faculty residences between 1912 and 1920, the side-by-side colonial revival structure is sited on what was then the perimeter of campus in an area known as faculty row. Designed by architect Delbert K. Perry of New Britain, CT, this dwelling later served as the University's counseling and student development center.
National Park Service United States Department of the Interior
Location. 41° 48.321′ N, 72° 14.906′ W. Marker is in Storrs, Connecticut, in Tolland County. Marker is on Gilbert Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Storrs Mansfield CT 06268, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. 603 Gilbert (within shouting distance of this marker); VFW Post 9800 Veterans Monument (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Eight Patriots (approx. 0.4 miles away); Capt. Harold L. Lewis Jr. U.S.A.F.
Categories. • Education •
More. Search the internet for 604 Gilbert.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 6, 2019. This page originally submitted on August 5, 2019. This page has been viewed 60 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 5, 2019. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.