Port Gibson in Claiborne County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
St. Peter A.M.E. Church
Port Gibson Historic Tour
409 Church. Ca. 1885 High Victorian Gothic. This church was founded in 1870. The building is a simplified version of the High Victorian Gothic style popular in the United States in the latter half of the nineteenth century.
Location. 31° 57.689′ N, 90° 58.882′ W. Marker is in Port Gibson, Mississippi, in Claiborne County. Marker is on Church Street (U.S. 61) north of Orange Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 409 Church Street, Port Gibson MS 39150, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. McDougall House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Baptist M.B. Church (about 400 feet away); Gage House (about 500 feet away); Lightfoot Park (about 700 feet away); First Presbyterian Church (about 700 feet away); Port Gibson (about 700 feet away); The Port Gibson Boycott (about 700 feet away); a different marker also named First Presbyterian Church (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Port Gibson.
Categories. • Architecture • Churches & Religion •
More. Search the internet for St. Peter A.M.E. Church.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 13, 2019. This page originally submitted on September 13, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 38 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 13, 2019.