St. George in Washington County, Utah — The American Mountains (Southwest)
The Dixie Pioneers
Erected 1936 by Daughters of Utah Pioneers. (Marker Number 14.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of Utah Pioneers marker series.
Location. 37° 6.617′ N, 113° 34.885′ W. Marker is in St. George, Utah, in Washington County. Marker is on St. George Boulevard. Touch for map. It is in the courtyard of Chamber of Commerce Building. Marker is at or near this postal address: 97 E St. George Blvd., Saint George UT 84770, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Stone Quarries (here, next to this marker); Pioneer Museum (within shouting distance of this marker); Pioneer – Washington County - Courthouse Pioneer Courthouse (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); St. George Social Hall “Opera House” (about 500 feet away); And the Desert Shall Blossom (about 500 feet away); Brigham Young Home (about 500 feet away); Gardeners’ Club Hall (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. George.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 27, 2007, by Dawn Bowen of Fredericksburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,149 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 27, 2007, by Dawn Bowen of Fredericksburg, Virginia. 3. submitted on September 3, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.