Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Bedford in Bedford County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Anderson House

 
 
Anderson House Marker image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., November 29, 2008
1. Anderson House Marker
Inscription. Built in 1815. East room housed the first bank in Bedford, known as the Allegheny Bank of Pennsylvania, from 1815 to 1832. Original vault can still be seen. Since 1924, used as public library and community center.
 
Erected 1951 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
 
Location. 40° 1.148′ N, 78° 30.141′ W. Marker is in Bedford, Pennsylvania, in Bedford County. Marker is on Pitt Street (Business U.S. 30), on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is on the Lincoln Highway, 100 feet west of intersection with Richard Street (PA Route 220). Marker is at or near this postal address: 137 East Pitt Street, Bedford PA 15522, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Espy House (within shouting distance of this marker); George Washington (within shouting distance of this marker); Fraser Tavern (within shouting distance of this marker); "King's House" (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); This Tablet Marks The Site of Fort Bedford (about 300 feet away); Forbes Road (about 400 feet away); Grist Millstone (about 500 feet away); Bedford County Civil War Monument (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bedford.
 
Additional keywords.
Anderson House and Marker image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., November 29, 2008
2. Anderson House and Marker
Lincoln Highway.
 
Categories. Industry & CommerceNotable BuildingsSettlements & Settlers
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 30, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 822 times since then and 44 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on November 30, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement