Long Branch in Monmouth County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Church of the Presidents
St. James Episcopal Church
Deconsecrated in 1953, it became the Long Branch Historical Museum. Named to the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.
Preservation funding made possible in part by The Garden State Historic Preservation Trust administered by The New Jersey Historic Trust / State of New Jersey, A Save America's Treasures grant administered by The National Park Service / Department of the Interior, The Monmouth County Historical Commission.
Location. 40° 15.75′ N, 73° 59.383′ W. Marker is in Long Branch, New Jersey, in Monmouth County. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1260 Ocean Avenue, Long Branch NJ 07740, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. James A. Garfield (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dorothy Parker Birthplace (approx. 1.2 miles away); Corner of Ocean and Brighton Avenues (approx. 1.6 miles away); Brinley Grist Mill Brinley Grist Mill (approx. 1.6 miles away); Historic Site of Old Free Church Cemetery (approx. 1.8 miles away); New Era Anchor (approx. 2 miles away); Jersey Central Power & Light Employees (approx. 2.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Long Branch.
Also see . . . Church of the Presidents Wikipedia Entry. (Submitted on December 2, 2008, by R. C. of Shrewsbury, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 2, 2008, by R. C. of Shrewsbury, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,001 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on December 2, 2008, by R. C. of Shrewsbury, New Jersey. 2. submitted on August 17, 2014, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. 3. submitted on December 2, 2008, by R. C. of Shrewsbury, New Jersey. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.