Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Lindach in Landkreis Schweinfurt, Bavaria, Germany — Southern Germany (Scarplands and Alpine Region)
 

Dorfkirche Lindach / Lindach Village Church

 
 
Dorfkirche Lindach / Lindach Village Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Andrew Ruppenstein, September 24, 2019
1. Dorfkirche Lindach / Lindach Village Church Marker
Inscription.  
Sie ist den Kirchenpatronen Antonius dem Einsiedler und Marcus dem Evangelisten geweiht. Ihr Standort befindet sich am südlichen Ende des Dorfangers. Ein Friedhof (Kirchhof) und ein Karner (Gebeinhaus) komplettierten einst das Gotteshaus.

Um 1600 entstand der Turm im spätgotischen Stil, während der Anbau des Langhauses um 1690 erfolgte, dessen Ausstattung Elemente des Rokoko und Klassizismus aufweist. Im Jahre 1780 erweiterte man das Langhaus um eine Fensterachse. Die drei Glocken stammen aus den Jahren 1695, 1710 und 1767. Schließlich erfolgte 2004 der Neubau der Sakristei. Ursprunglich stand hier um 934 eine in Holzbauweise errichtete adelige Eigenkirche, die vermutlich abbrannte.

Das Gotteshaus war stets eine Filialkirche, sie gehörte bis 1141 zur Urpfarrei Wipfeld, bis 1613 zum Augustiner-Chorherrenstift Heidenfeld, bis 1969 zur Pfarrei Heidenfeld und bis 2011 zur Pfarrei Stammheim. Danach wurde man ab 2011 in die Pfarreiengemeinschaft "Marienhain” eingegliedert.

-

(English translation:)

The church is dedicated to the patron saints of Antony the Hermit and Mark the Evangelist;

Dorfkirche Lindach / Lindach Village Church and Marker image. Click for full size.
By Andrew Ruppenstein, September 24, 2019
2. Dorfkirche Lindach / Lindach Village Church and Marker
The marker is visible here on the left corner of the church.
they are honored at the southern end of the village green. A cemetery and charnel house complete the church.

Around 1600, the tower was built in the late Gothic style, while the extension of the nave was built around 1690, featuring elements of Rococo and Classicism. In 1780 the nave was extended around a window axis. The three bells come from the years 1695, 1710 and 1767. Finally, in 2004, a sacristy was constructed. Originally around 934 there stood here a patrician church constucted of wood, which presumably burned down.

The church was always a branch church, belonging until 1141 to the original Wipfeld parish. Thereafter it belonged to the Heidenfeld Augustinian Abbey Choirmaster, and from then onwards to the Heidenfelf parish until 1969. From then until 2011 it was part of the Stammheim parish, and thereafter it was part of the "Marienhain" parish community.
 
Location. 49° 55.592′ N, 10° 12.138′ E. Marker is in Lindach, Bavaria, in Landkreis Schweinfurt. Marker is at the intersection of Lindenstraße and Kolitzheimer Strasse, on the right when traveling north on Lindenstraße. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lindach, Bavaria 97509, Germany. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Dorfgasthaus Zum Löwen / "At the Lions" Village Inn (within shouting distance of this marker); Historisches Rathaus / Old City Hall

Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
(within shouting distance of this marker); Dorfkapelle Lindach / Lindach Village Chapel (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Hofportal mit Bacchusrelief / Courtyard Entry with Bacchus Carving (approx. 2.5 kilometers away); Barockes Zehnthaus mit Zehntkeller / Baroque Tithing House with Tithe Cellar (approx. 2.6 kilometers away); Rathaus / City Hall (approx. 5.6 kilometers away); Spätbarockes Bürgerhaus / Late Baroque Patrician House (approx. 5.7 kilometers away); Ehemalige Gendarmeriestation / Former Police Station (approx. 5.7 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lindach.
 
Categories. Churches & Religion
 

More. Search the internet for Dorfkirche Lindach / Lindach Village Church.
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 8, 2019. This page originally submitted on November 8, 2019, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 25 times since then. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on November 8, 2019, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.
Paid Advertisement