Warsaw in Coshocton County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Colonel William Simmons
1757 - 1823
Erected 1975 by The Warsaw School, The Coshocton County Civic and Service Organizations, and The Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 2-16.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection marker series.
Location. 40° 20.086′ N, 82° 0.289′ W. Marker is in Warsaw, Ohio, in Coshocton County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (U.S. 36) and Plum Street, on the right when traveling west on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Warsaw OH 43844, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Scout Headquarters ( about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Franklin J. Fischer Addition ( approx. 0.8 miles away); Bouquet’s Camp ( approx. 7.1 miles away); Bouquet’s Expedition Underground Railroad Agents in Coshocton County / Muskingum River Underground Railroad Corridor ( approx. 7.7 miles away); Visitor Center - 1992 ( approx. 7.7 miles away); George LeRetilley House - 1853 ( approx. 7.8 miles away); Village Smithy - c.1890 ( approx. 7.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Warsaw.
Categories. • Government • Heroes • Military • Notable Persons • Patriots & Patriotism • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 30, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,000 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 30, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.