Remington in Jasper County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Remington Water Tower
Original 1897 tank replaced 1924 by Challenge; 66,000 gallon tank is made of horizontally curved cypress battens held in place by metal binder rings. Additions made to structure, which has housed various governmental services. Awarded American Water Works Association’s Water Landmark Award 1986. Listed in National Register of Historic Places 2003.
Erected 2005 by Indiana Historical Bureau, Town of Remington, and Remington Historical Society. (Marker Number 37.2006.1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Indiana State Historical Bureau Markers marker series.
Location. 40° 45.73′ N, 87° 9.055′ W. Marker is in Remington, Indiana, in Jasper County. Marker is at the intersection of East Michigan Street and North Ohio Street on East Michigan Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Remington IN 47977, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. Fountain Park Chautauqua (approx. 1.3 miles away); The Wolcott House (approx. 5.7 miles away); St. Joseph’s Indian Normal School (approx. 11 miles away); Indian Boundary Line (approx. 11.9 miles away); General Robert H. Milroy (approx. 11.9 miles away).
Categories. • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 2, 2007, by Christopher Light of Valparaiso, Indiana. This page has been viewed 1,303 times since then and 37 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on July 2, 2007, by Christopher Light of Valparaiso, Indiana. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.