French Camp in San Joaquin County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Erected 1959 by The California State Parks Commission in cooperation with the Reynolds Family Native Daughters of the Golden West, Ladies Auxiliary to California Pioneers, and French Camp District-Chamber of Commerce, June 6, 1959. (Marker Number 668.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the California Trail, and the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 37° 53.166′ N, 121° 16.198′ W. Marker is in French Camp, California, in San Joaquin County. Marker is on South Elm Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is located on the grounds of French Camp School on South Elm Street. French Camp School is located on the corner of South Elm Street and South Ash Street. Marker is in this post office area: French Camp CA 95231, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least Liberty Plot (approx. 3 miles away); Stockton Assembly Center (approx. 3.6 miles away); Moses Rogers Home (approx. 4.1 miles away); Ort J. Lofthus Crosstown Freeway (approx. 4Ĺ miles away); Lathrop (approx. 4.6 miles away); Saint Maryís Catholic Church (approx. 4.6 miles away); California Building (approx. 4.7 miles away); Commercial and Savings Bank (approx. 4.7 miles away).
Regarding French Camp. This site was designated as California Registered Historical Landmark No.668 on December 12, 1959.
Also see . . .
1. History of French Camp. (Submitted on February 8, 2009, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.)
2. History of Stockton. (Submitted on February 8, 2009, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.)
Categories. • Exploration • Industry & Commerce • Landmarks • Notable Events • Notable Persons • Notable Places • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 8, 2009, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 2,494 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on February 8, 2009, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.