Warrensburg in Warren County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Town of Warrensburgh
1813 - 1913
Erected 1913 by Warren County Centennial Committee.
Location. 43° 29.783′ N, 73° 46.533′ W. Marker is in Warrensburg, New York, in Warren County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (U.S. 9) and Adirondack Avenue, on the left on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Warrensburg NY 12885, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Floyd Bennett Memorial (here, next to this marker); Warrensburg (approx. half a mile away); Trolley Power (approx. half a mile away); Charles R. Bishop Childhood Home (approx. 2.2 miles away); James Cameron (approx. 4.7 miles away); Alfred Stieglitz/Georgia O’Keeffe (approx. 5.4 miles away); Lake George (approx. 5.4 miles away); Montcalm's Camp (approx. 5.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Warrensburg.
More about this marker. Towards the north of the village of Warrensburg, US Route 9 (Main Street) is intersected by Hudson Avenue to the northwest, Elm Street to the southwest and Adirondack Avenue to the east. Floyd Bennett Park is a pie shaped section of land formed by Main Street to the east and Elm Street to the west. The park has a band stand on which free concerts are presented to the public during the summer.
Regarding The Town of Warrensburgh. Prior to WWII, Warrensburg was spelled with a "h" on the end. The "h" was dropped during WWII so it wouldn't appear Germanic. The "h" may be added back to the spelling.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for The Town of Warrensburgh.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 23, 2009, by John Farrell of Lake George, New York. This page has been viewed 696 times since then and 20 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on April 20, 2009, by John Farrell of Lake George, New York. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.