Queensbury in Warren County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Abraham and Edward Wing
in the Town of Queensbury
They were descended from
Rev. John Wing
She with four sons came to America in 1632. In 1762 King George gave a grant of the Town of Queensbury to Abraham and Edward Wing and others. About 1785 the Society of Friends built a log meeting house on this ground. Here was kept the first school, here was the first burial ground of the pioneer fathers.
Erected 1911 by the Wing descendents.
Location. 43° 19.917′ N, 73° 39.183′ W. Marker is in Queensbury, New York, in Warren County. Marker is at the intersection of Quaker Road (New York State Route 254) and Bay Road, on the right when traveling east on Quaker Road. Touch for map. Southwest corner of the intersection. Marker is in this post office area: Queensbury NY 12804, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Quaker Burying Ground (here, next to this marker); Half Way Brook (approx. half a mile away); a different marker also named Half Way Brook (approx. Gen. Henry Knox Trail (approx. ¾ mile away); Peace and Victory Monument (approx. 0.8 miles away); Korean War Monument (approx. 0.8 miles away); Blind Rock (approx. 1.3 miles away); Civil War Monument (approx. 1½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Queensbury.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 23, 2009, by John Farrell of Lake George, New York. This page has been viewed 806 times since then and 14 times this year. Last updated on April 24, 2009, by John Farrell of Lake George, New York. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 20, 2009, by John Farrell of Lake George, New York. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.