New York in New York County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Site of Hilltop Park
Erected by New York Yankees.
Location. 40° 50.499′ N, 73° 56.552′ W. Marker is in New York, New York, in New York County. Marker is on Fort Washington Avenue south of West 168th Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Located on the grounds of New York-Presbyterian Medical Center. Marker is at or near this postal address: 177 Fort Washington Avenue, New York NY 10032, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Morris-Jumel Mansion (approx. half a mile away); a different marker also named Morris-Jumel Mansion (approx. half a mile away); The Story of a Lighthouse (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Light Still Shines (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Little Red Lighthouse (approx. 0.6 miles away); The John T. Brush Stairway (approx. 0.7 miles away); American Redoubt (approx. 0.7 miles away); Robert Magaw Defended this Position (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New York.
Also see . . . Photos of Hilltop Park. “Tenant: New York Highlanders (Yankees; AL) • Opened: April 30, 1903 • First night game: Never • Last Yankees game: October 5, 1912 • Demolished: 1914 • Surface: Grass • Capacity: 16,000 plus standing room (up to an additional 15,000).” (Submitted on April 26, 2009.)
Categories. • Sports •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 26, 2009, by Erik Lander of Brooklyn, New York. This page has been viewed 1,346 times since then and 65 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on April 26, 2009, by Erik Lander of Brooklyn, New York. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Wide shot of the area showing location of marker • Can you help?