Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Buchanan in Berrien County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Pears Mill

 
 
Pears Mill Marker image. Click for full size.
By M. Bowyer, July 10, 2007
1. Pears Mill Marker
Inscription. Pears Mill. Built in 1853.
 
Erected 1989 by Bureau of History, Michigan Department of State. (Marker Number L1466.)
 
Location. 41° 49.616′ N, 86° 21.666′ W. Marker is in Buchanan, Michigan, in Berrien County. Marker is on South Oak Street south of Front Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 123 S. Oak, Buchanan MI 49107, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Portage Prairie United Methodist Church (approx. 3.2 miles away); Carey Mission (approx. 4 miles away); Saint Maryís (approx. 5 miles away); Johnson Cemetery (approx. 5.2 miles away); Niles Veterans Memorial (approx. 5.2 miles away); Fort St. Joseph (approx. 5.2 miles away); Parrott Civil War Cannon (approx. 5.2 miles away); John B. Reddick Building (approx. 5.3 miles away).
 
Also see . . .  Pears Mill: an 1850ís Greek Revival waterpowered flour mill. (Submitted on July 27, 2007, by M. Bowyer of Indianapolis, Indiana.)
 
Categories. Industry & CommerceNotable Buildings
 
Pears Mill, the only remaining water-powered mill built along Buchanan's McCoy Creek. image. Click for full size.
By M. Bowyer, July 10, 2007
2. Pears Mill, the only remaining water-powered mill built along Buchanan's McCoy Creek.
Corner Stone: Dewey Avenue School 1856 - 1949, next to the Mill image. Click for full size.
By M. Bowyer, July 10, 2007
3. Corner Stone: Dewey Avenue School 1856 - 1949, next to the Mill
The Pears Mill sign image. Click for full size.
By M. Bowyer, July 10, 2007
4. The Pears Mill sign
A pile of stones on the side of the Mill image. Click for full size.
By M. Bowyer, July 10, 2007
5. A pile of stones on the side of the Mill
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 27, 2007, by M. Bowyer of Indianapolis, Indiana. This page has been viewed 1,434 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 27, 2007, by M. Bowyer of Indianapolis, Indiana. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement