Dacula in Gwinnett County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Hog Mountain Baptist Church
Organized January 14, 1854
The church was organized by Elder David H. Moncrief and Elder Amos Hadaway.
The first building was erected in 1854 with Rev. Amos Hadaway as Pastor for the first eleven years.
The present building was erected in 1905.
The Lawrenceville Association was also constituted here in 1854.
Erected by Hog Mountain Baptist Church.
Location. 34° 3.184′ N, 83° 55.536′ W. Marker is in Dacula, Georgia, in Gwinnett County. Marker is at the intersection of Hog Mountain Church Road and Braselton Highway (Georgia Route 124), on the right when traveling north on Hog Mountain Church Road. Touch for map. Marker is located at the north side of the church building. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1971 Hog Mountain Church Road, Dacula GA 30019, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fort Daniel ( approx. 0.6 miles away); Elisha Winn House ( approx. 2.3 miles away); Perry-Rainey Institute ( approx. 6.5 miles away); The Home of Major William E. Simmons Garrard’s Cavalry Raid ( approx. 7.6 miles away); Confederate Veterans of Gwinnett County, Georgia ( approx. 7.6 miles away); In Tribute to Ezzard Charles ( approx. 7.6 miles away); Button Gwinnett ( approx. 7.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dacula.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 16, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,048 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 16, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.