Bellefonte in Centre County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1947 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Location. 40° 54.721′ N, 77° 46.677′ W. Marker is in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania, in Centre County. Marker is at the intersection of High Street and Allegheny Street (Pennsylvania Highway 144), in the median on High Street. Touch for map. Located in front of the County Court House. Marker is in this post office area: Bellefonte PA 16823, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Centre County (a few steps from this marker); Centre County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Anna Wagner Keichline (within shouting distance of this marker); Andrew G. Curtin (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Mills Brothers (about 300 feet away); James A. "Billboard" Jackson (about 500 feet away); Bellefonte Governors Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lucinda Hall (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bellefonte.
More about this marker. This marker is duplicated
Also see . . . Bellefonte City History. (Submitted on June 1, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 1, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 685 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 1, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.