Toledo in Lucas County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Peter and Robert Navarre
Citizens of Toledo,
East Side Commercial Club,
and Ford Post, GAR
Peter and Robert
War of 1812
Historical Society, 1989
Erected 1989 by Citizens of Toledo, East Side Commercial Club, and Ford Post, GAR and East Toledo Historical Society.
Location. 41° 38.168′ N, 83° 30.631′ W. Marker is in Toledo, Ohio, in Lucas County. Marker is at the intersection of Navarre Avenue and White Street, on the right when traveling east on Navarre Avenue. Touch for map. This historical marker is located in East Toledo, Ohio, on Navarre Avenue, in Navarre Park. Marker is in this post office area: Toledo OH 43605, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Peter Navarre ( about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); A Prehistoric Fort ( approx. 1.1 miles away); The Oliver House ( approx. 1.5 miles away); Port Lawrence / Fort Industry, 1805 ( approx. 1.6 miles away); Erie and Kalamazoo Railroad ( approx. 1.6 miles away); Vistula Historic District Moses Fleetwood Walker ( approx. 1.7 miles away); Toledo ( approx. 1.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Toledo.
More about this marker. This marker is easily visible from the street because the plaque is attached to a large, upright stone with sculpting representing the flintlock muskets and powder horns of the two frontiersmen setting upon it.
Categories. • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 26, 2009, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 1,145 times since then and 29 times this year. Last updated on June 2, 2009, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 26, 2009, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.