Fort Meade in Anne Arundel County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Battle of the Bulge
Veterans of the Battle of the Bulge, Ardennes
Dedicated to the Gallant and Victorious Men and Women of the United States Army who participated in The Battle of the Bulge
This enormous and intensive battle, the greatest battle ever engaged in by the United States Army, was fought in Belgium and Luxembourg during World War II from 16 December 1944 through 25 January 1945, under most adverse winter weather. The Maryland/District of Columbia Chapter, Veterans of the Battle of the Bulge, assembled here on 30 May 1999, dedicate this monument to remember the triumph of courage, honor our fallen comrades and commemorate this ever famous American victory.
Location. 39° 5.945′ N, 76° 44.615′ W. Marker is in Fort Meade, Maryland, in Anne Arundel County. Marker can be reached from Leonard Wood Avenue 0 miles south of Bundy Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is on the grounds of the Fort George G. Meade Museum. Marker is in this post office area: Fort George G Meade MD 20755, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 29th Infantry Division, United States Army ( within shouting distance of this marker); Dedicated to all American Ex-Prisoners of War Maj. Gen. Ralph H. Van Deman ( approx. 0.2 miles away); Major General George G. Meade ( approx. 0.3 miles away); 18th Century French Mortar ( approx. 0.3 miles away); White Oak ( approx. 0.3 miles away); Hodges Hall ( approx. 0.3 miles away); World War I Cantonment Area (was approx. 0.3 miles away but has been reported missing. ). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Meade.
Categories. • 20th Century • Military • War, World II •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 4, 2009, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 885 times since then and 42 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 4, 2009, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland.