Fort Ann in Washington County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Fort Anne First Baptist Church
First Baptist Church
of Fort Anne Village. Erected
1874, destroyed by fire 1955.
This fragment of the bell
which rang also as the town
clock bears date of purchase.
Erected 1964 by State of New York.
Location. 43° 24.775′ N, 73° 29.288′ W. Marker is in Fort Ann, New York, in Washington County. Marker is on George Street (U.S. 4), on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is on George Street, between Ann Street and Elizabeth Street. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Ann NY 12827, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Stone House Library (within shouting distance of this marker); Fort Anne (approx. ¼ mile away); Old Well (approx. ¼ mile away); Old Powder House Fort Ann (approx. 0.3 miles away); Half-Way Creek (approx. 0.3 miles away); Battle Hill (approx. 0.9 miles away); Great Indian Warpath (approx. 3.4 miles away); Smith's Basin (approx. 3.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Ann.
More about this marker. A fragment of the old church bell is found on the marker.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 11, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 677 times since then and 58 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 11, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.