Woodbridge in Middlesex County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
United States Post Oﬃce
Woodbridge, New Jersey 07095
In 1812, the Post Office was relocated to the north side of Green Street, between Amboy and Francis Avenues, in a small building used as a general store and township voting place.
Jonathan Freeman, townsman and the builder of the Old White Church was a post rider for mail to this site.
Erected by Post Office Department, United States of America.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Postal Mail and Philately marker series.
Location. 40° 33.259′ N, 74° 17.022′ W. Marker is in Woodbridge, New Jersey, in Middlesex County. Marker is on S James Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 142 S James Street, Woodbridge NJ 07095, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within Cross Keys Tavern (a few steps from this marker); a different marker also named Cross Keys Tavern (a few steps from this marker); George Washington’s Inauguration (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Woodbridge Cloverleaf (about 500 feet away); Adath Israel Synagogue (about 500 feet away); Woodbridge Golden Bears (about 500 feet away); St. James Roman Catholic Parish (about 600 feet away); Woodbridge (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Woodbridge.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 13, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 937 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 13, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.