Garrison in Putnam County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
built in 1776 – 1777 to
defend the highlands,
stood on the hill to
the north, above here.
New York State Department of Education 1932
Replaced by Putnam County Historian 2001
Erected 2001 by Putnam County Historian.
Location. 41° 22.552′ N, 73° 56.599′ W. Marker is in Garrison, New York, in Putnam County. Marker is on Cat Rock Road (New York State Route 403) east of Bear Mountain Beacon Hwy (New York State Route 9D), on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Garrison NY 10524, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Mandeville’s (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Garrison Veterans Memorial (approx. half a mile away); Arnold’s Flight (approx. 0.7 miles away); Connecticut Camps (approx. 0.8 miles away); Robinson House (approx. 0.8 miles away); Beverley Robinson’s House (approx. 0.8 miles away); Buffalo Soldier Field (approx. 0.9 miles away); Andre Cavaro Lucas (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Garrison.
Categories. • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 10, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 974 times since then and 47 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 10, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. 4. submitted on August 11, 2014, by Steven Paul Mark of New York, New York.