Conyers in Rockdale County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Rev. Henry Quigg, D.D.
Died Conyers, Georgia 1907.
A.B., B.D. Erskine College, D.D. Emory University.
Ordained September 26, 1856
by Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church.
Pastor Hopewell 1856 - 1867.
Joined Atlanta Presbytery, U.S. Church 1867.
Pastor Smyrna 1869 - 1904.
Pastor Conyers 1865, 1875 - 1895.
Taught school in Canada and Georgia.
Author of “Historic Smyrna”.
World traveler in civic leader.
Erected 1961 by Quigg Class, Conyers.
Location. 33° 39.93′ N, 84° 0.887′ W. Marker is in Conyers, Georgia, in Rockdale County. Marker is on Pine Log Road 0.1 miles east of South Main Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. The marker is located in the Old Conyers Cemetery, approximately .025 mile north of Pine Log Road, and is visible from Pine Log Road. Marker is in this post office area: Conyers GA 30012, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. “Fightin’ Joe” Wheeler (approx. 0.2 miles away); Sherman at Conyers (approx. 0.2 miles away); Rockdale County (approx. 0.2 miles away); Conyers Methodist Church The March to the Sea (approx. 6.8 miles away); Kitty's Cottage (approx. 8.7 miles away); Old Church - 1841 (approx. 8.7 miles away); Rebecca Latimer Felton (approx. 8.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Conyers.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 18, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 675 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 18, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.