Westport in Fairfield County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
Greens Farms Meeting House
Green's Farms established by
Connecticut General Court to
Conduct Religious and Secular
Affairs in West Parish of
Fairfield. Continuous services
Held since June 12, 1711. Present
Meeting House Dedicated 1853.
Erected by Westport Historical Society and Westport Young Womens League.
Location. 41° 8.151′ N, 73° 19.768′ W. Marker is in Westport, Connecticut, in Fairfield County. Marker is at the intersection of Hillandale Road and Church Street South, on the right when traveling west on Hillandale Road. Touch for map. This historical marker is located at the edge of the driveway that leads into the church parking lot. Marker is in this post office area: Westport CT 06880, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Nash House (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); Compo Beach (approx. 1.3 miles away); First Engagement (approx. 1.3 miles away); Godillot Carriage House (approx. 1.6 miles away); Jesup-Godillot House (approx. 1.6 miles away); Disbrow Tavern Jesup Green (approx. 1.7 miles away); The Post Road Bridge (approx. 1.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Westport.
Also see . . .
1. Westport Historical Society. This web link is made available by the Westport Historical Society. (Submitted on July 30, 2009, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.)
2. The History of Green's Farms Congregational Church. This web link was published by the Congregational Church of Green's Farm. (Submitted on July 30, 2009, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 29, 2009, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 1,016 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 29, 2009, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.