Columbia in Richland County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Today, a portion of the second floor houses the Faculty Senate office, while the remainder of McCutchen House is operated by the School of Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism Management as a restaurant, open to all, in which students learn management and culinary preparation skills.
Location. 33° 59.918′ N, 81° 1.729′ W. Marker is in Columbia, South Carolina, in Richland County. Marker can be reached from Sumter Street near College Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Located on the campus of the University of South Carolina, in the Horseshoe. Marker is in this post office area: Columbia SC 29201, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Site where James Dickey Wrote Deliverance (here, next to this marker); The L. Marion Gressette Euphradian Society Hall Harper College (within shouting distance of this marker); Elliott College (within shouting distance of this marker); President's House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The South Caroliniana Library (about 300 feet away); Legare College (about 400 feet away); Memorial Fountain (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbia.
Also see . . . Faculty House. Professor George McCutchen moved there in 1915 (Submitted on September 6, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Categories. • Education • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 6, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 688 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 6, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.