Scottsboro in Jackson County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Robert Thomas Scott
Incorporated by the state legislature on January 20, 1870, the town became an important commercial center and shipping point on the Memphis and Charleston Railroad.
Erected 1989 by Alabama Historical Association.
Location. 34° 40.35′ N, 86° 2.04′ W. Marker is in Scottsboro, Alabama, in Jackson County. Marker can be reached from E Laurel Street. Touch for map. Located on the Jackson County Courthouse grounds on the East Laurel Street side. Marker is in this post office area: Scottsboro AL 35768, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Gen. Andrew Jackson (here, next to this marker); Jackson County Courthouse And The Scottsboro Boys (within shouting distance of this marker); Union Civil War Encampment in Scottsboro Scottsboro Railroad Depot (approx. ¼ mile away); Robert E. Jones, Jr. (approx. 0.3 miles away); Bellefonte Cemetery / Town of Bellefonte (approx. 5.7 miles away); Town of Section (approx. 6.9 miles away); History of Langston (approx. 9.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Scottsboro.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Government • Notable Persons • Railroads & Streetcars • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 7, 2009, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 1,712 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 7, 2009, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.