Hamilton in Harris County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 72-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 45.533′ N, 84° 52.494′ W. Marker is in Hamilton, Georgia, in Harris County. Marker is at the intersection of North College Street (U.S. 27) and Barnes Mill Road, on the right when traveling north on North College Street. Touch for map. The marker is in front of the Harris County Courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Hamilton GA 31811, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow U.S.S. Harris County (here, next to this marker); B. F. White (within shouting distance of this marker); Columbus Baptist Association (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Hamilton Female College (approx. 0.4 miles away); Valley of Hope (approx. 3.7 miles away); Pine Mountain Valley Resettlement Project (approx. 4.2 miles away); Callaway Gardens (approx. 5 miles away); Pioneer Log Cabin (approx. 5.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hamilton.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Government • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 28, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 876 times since then and 45 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 28, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.