White Plains in Greene County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
White Plains Baptist Church
Erected 1999 by Georgia Historical Society and the White Plains Baptist Church. (Marker Number 66-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 28.326′ N, 83° 2.094′ W. Marker is in White Plains, Georgia, in Greene County. Marker is on Main Street 0 miles east of Sparta Road (Georgia Route 77), on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1040 Main Street, White Plains GA 30678, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Bethany Presbyterian Church (approx. 5.9 miles Liberty Chapel (approx. 6.6 miles away); Camilla and Zack Hubert Homesite (approx. 6.7 miles away); Gov. William Jonathan Northen (approx. 7.8 miles away); Confederate Gun Shop (approx. 7.9 miles away); Nathan S.S. Beman at Mt. Zion (approx. 8.1 miles away); Great Buffalo Lick (approx. 9.3 miles away); Famous Indian Trail (approx. 9½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in White Plains.
Categories. • African Americans • Antebellum South, US • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 2, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 849 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 2, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.