Camp Wood in Real County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Site of the Mission San Lorenzo De La Santa Cruz
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 4547.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 29° 40.618′ N, 100° 0.891′ W. Marker is in Camp Wood, Texas, in Real County. Marker is on SR 55 half a mile north of Ranch Road 337, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Camp Wood TX 78833, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 2 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of Camp Wood (here, next to this marker); Vance Cemetery (approx. 9.5 miles away).
Also see . . . Misson San Lorenzo de la Santa Cruz. "Mission San Lorenzo de la Santa Cruz was a short-lived Franciscan mission established for the Indians at a large spring on the upper Nueces River in what was then the northern border of New Spain." (Submitted on November 13, 2009.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 11, 2009, by Bill Royal of Sun City Ctr, Florida. This page has been viewed 1,371 times since then and 77 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 11, 2009, by Bill Royal of Sun City Ctr, Florida. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.