Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Pawling in Dutchess County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Pawling School 1907

 
 
Pawling School 1907 Marker image. Click for full size.
By Michael Herrick, November 10, 2009
1. Pawling School 1907 Marker
Inscription.
Dr. Frederick L. Gamage
founded the school to
prepare boys for college
The name was changed
to Trinity – Pawling in 1947

 
Location. 41° 34.218′ N, 73° 35.591′ W. Marker is in Pawling, New York, in Dutchess County. Marker is on New York State Route 22 0.2 miles north of Coulter Avenue, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Located in front of the Trinity – Pawling School. Marker is at or near this postal address: 700 Route. 22, Pawling NY 12564, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. John L. Worden (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line but has been reported missing); Lakeside Park (approx. half a mile away); Grange Hall (approx. half a mile away); Memorial Trees (approx. 0.7 miles away); Pawling Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.7 miles away); Pawling World War I and Civil War Memorial (approx. 0.7 miles away); Methodist Church (approx. 0.8 miles away); John Kane House (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pawling.
 
Also see . . .
1. Pawlling School Photographs. A series of vintage photos held in the collection of Hudson River Valley Heritage. (Submitted on November 19, 2009.) 

2. The History and Mission of the Trinity-Pawling School
Pawling School 1907 Marker image. Click for full size.
By Michael Herrick, November 10, 2009
2. Pawling School 1907 Marker
. (Submitted on November 19, 2009.)
 
Categories. Education
 
The Trinity – Pawling School image. Click for full size.
By Michael Herrick, November 10, 2009
3. The Trinity – Pawling School
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 18, 2009, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 629 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on November 18, 2009, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement