Georgetown in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Southwestern University Main Building
Erected 1962 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9342.)
Location. 30° 38.001′ N, 97° 40.048′ W. Marker is in Georgetown, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker is on East University Avenue, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1000 E University Ave, Georgetown TX 78626, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Woman’s Club of Georgetown (within shouting distance of this marker); Easley Home (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Southwestern University (about 700 feet away); Amos-Godbey House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Judge Harry N. Graves W.C. Vaden House (approx. 0.2 miles away); XI Chapter Kappa Alpha Order (approx. 0.2 miles away); Iota Chapter (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Georgetown.
Categories. • Education • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on October 26, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 28, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 639 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 28, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.