Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Taylor in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Taylor National Bank

 
 
Taylor National Bank Marker image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson, June 28, 2007
1. Taylor National Bank Marker
Inscription. A.O. Watson of Austin designed this red sandstone building for the Taylor National Bank, which was organized in 1888. Completed in 1894, it has also housed the law firm of Mantor and Briggs, an office of the Weather Bureau, and the Taylor Refining Company. The Romanesque and Renaissance Revival styling features detailing of limestone, granite, and pressed metal. The First-Taylor National Bank, the result of a 1930s merger, remained here until 1967.
 
Erected 1980 by the Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9354.)
 
Location. 30° 34.131′ N, 97° 24.568′ W. Marker is in Taylor, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (State Highway 95) and East 2nd Street, on the right when traveling north on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 200 N Main St, Taylor TX 76574, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Eikel-Prewitt Building (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Preslar-Hewitt Building (about 600 feet away); Taylor Post Office (about 800 feet away); Bill Pickett (approx. 0.2 miles away); City of Taylor
Taylor National Bank and Marker image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson, June 28, 2007
2. Taylor National Bank and Marker
(approx. 0.2 miles away); First Presbyterian Church of Taylor (approx. mile away); First Christian Church of Taylor (approx. 0.3 miles away); Dr. James Lee Dickey (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Taylor.
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 28, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 785 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on November 28, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement