Georgetown in Washington, District of Columbia — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Jan Karski (n. Jan Kozielewski) (1914-2000)
Messenger of the Jewish People to the World
The Man Who Told of the Annihilation of the Jewish People
While There Was Still Time To Stop It.
Named by the State of Israel,
“A Righteous of the Nations of the World”
A Hero of the Polish People
Professor, Georgetown University (1952-1992)
A Noble Man Walked Amongst Us and Made Us Better By His Presence
A Just Man
Erected by Georgetown University.
Location. 38° 54.527′ N, 77° 4.31′ W. Marker is in Georgetown, District of Columbia, in Washington. Marker can be reached from the intersection of 37th Street NW and P Street NW. Touch for map. The marker is on the base of the Karski statue on the Georgetown University campus - on the lawn east of White-Gravenor Hall. It is accessible west of the campus gate at 37th and P Streets, NW. Marker is in this post office area: Washington DC 20007, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Pilgrim (within shouting distance of this marker); S/Sgt. Richard F. Hoffman, A.A.F. (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); America's Oldest Catholic University America's Oldest Catholic University (about 400 feet away); John Carroll (about 400 feet away); MaHorney - Harrington House (about 500 feet away); Poulton Hall (about 500 feet away); Healy Hall (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Georgetown.
Also see . . . Jan Karski. (Submitted on December 2, 2009, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland.)
Additional keywords. Holocaust; Poland; Polish Resistance; Shoah.
Categories. • Education • Politics • War, World II •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 2, 2009, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. This page has been viewed 900 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 2, 2009, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.