Glennville in Kern County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Dec. 13, 1959
Erected 1959 by Kern County Historical Society, El Tejon Parlor No.239 N.D.G.W., and Kern County Museum. (Marker Number 672.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 35° 44.163′ N, 118° 43.212′ W. Marker is in Glennville, California, in Kern County. Marker is at the intersection of Jacks Valley Road and White River Road, on the right when traveling west on Jacks Valley Road. Touch for map. Marker is located 1.1 miles west of Glennville. Marker is in this post office area: Glennville CA 93226, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 16 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Glennville Adobe (approx. 1.3 miles away); Lynn’s Bull Road (approx. 1.6 miles away); Woody (approx. 6.8 miles away); Joseph Weringer, Sr. California Hot Springs (approx. 10.4 miles away); Granite Station (approx. 11½ miles away); Mountain House (approx. 12.2 miles away); "El Cojo" (approx. 15½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Glennville.
Regarding Lavers Crossing. This site was designated as California Registered Historical Landmark No.672 on February 16, 1959.
Also see . . . The Lavers Family Ranch. The history of Laver’s Crossing and the Laver’s Ranch which is still owned and operated by the Lavers' Family. (Submitted on December 10, 2009, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.)
Categories. • Notable Places •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 1, 2018. This page originally submitted on December 10, 2009, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 1,006 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on December 10, 2009, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.