Georgetown in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Williamson County Jail
French Bastille styling, unchanged in remodeling, at cost of $40,000 in 1934.
Erected 1965 by the State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 14481.)
Location. 30° 38.415′ N, 97° 40.653′ W. Marker is in Georgetown, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker is on West 4th Street near Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 312 S Main St, Georgetown TX 78626, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. H. C. Craig Bulding (approx. 0.2 miles away); M.B. Lockett Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); C.A.D. Clamp (approx. 0.2 miles away); Williamson County Sun (approx. 0.2 miles away); Judge Greenleaf Fisk (approx. 0.2 miles away); Chief Justice John Edward Hickman (approx. 0.2 miles away); David Love Store (approx. 0.2 miles away); Macedonia Baptist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Georgetown.
Also see . . . The Old Williamson County Jail. The Williamson County jail was located on the east lawn (Submitted on May 15, 2011, by Wayne Ware of Georgetown, Texas.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on October 26, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 14, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 796 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 14, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.