Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Austin in Travis County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Randerson-Lundell Building

 
 
Randerson-Lundell Building Marker image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson, November 25, 2007
1. Randerson-Lundell Building Marker
Inscription. Cornelius Randerson erected a one-story structure here in 1896 to house a grocery, feed, and wagon yard. John and Claus Lundell purchased the building in 1898 and in 1910 a second floor was added to board customers overnight. It remained in the Lundell family until 1926. A good example of a native limestone and brick commercial building, it features simple Classical detailing. A number of businesses have occupied the building.
 
Erected 1994 by the Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 13859.)
 
Location. 30° 15.971′ N, 97° 44.157′ W. Marker is in Austin, Texas, in Travis County. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 701 E 6th St, Austin TX 78701, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Cactus Theater (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); O. Henry (approx. 0.2 miles away); J. L. Buaas Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Platt-Simpson Building (approx. ¼ mile away); French Embassy (approx. ¼ mile away); French Legation (approx. ¼ mile away); Saint David’s Episcopal Church (approx. ¼ mile away); German Free School (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Austin.
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
Randerson-Lundell Building image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson, November 25, 2007
2. Randerson-Lundell Building
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 19, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 603 times since then and 50 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on December 19, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement