Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Austin in Travis County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Green Pastures

 
 
Green Pastures Marker image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson, November 25, 2007
1. Green Pastures Marker
Inscription. This Victorian home, located on the 1835 Isaac Decker Grant, was built in 1894-95 by Dr. E. W. Herndon and sold in 1912 to Judge W. W. Burnett. It became the residence in 1916 of lawyer Henry Faulk (1867-1939), his wife Martha (Miner) (1878-1957), and their children, Hamilton, Martha, Mary, John Henry, and Texana. Naming the home "Green Pastures," Mary and her Husband Chester Koock opened it for public dining in 1946. It was purchased in 1969 by their son Ken Koock and Lee Buslett. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark.
 
Erected 1976 by the Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 6444.)
 
Location. 30° 14.739′ N, 97° 45.689′ W. Marker is in Austin, Texas, in Travis County. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 811 W Live Oak St, Austin TX 78701, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mary Street Stone House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Becker School (approx. 0.3 miles away); Millbrook (Roy-Hardin House) (approx. 0.4 miles away); Walter Tips House (approx. 0.7 miles away); Dawson Stone House (approx.
Green Pastures image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson, November 25, 2007
2. Green Pastures
0.7 miles away); Approximate Site Reached By the Espinosa-Olivares-Aguirre Expedition (approx. 0.9 miles away); Texas School for the Deaf (approx. one mile away); Reuter House (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Austin.
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 21, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 793 times since then and 54 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on December 21, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement