Galesville in Trempealeau County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Founded and Named by
Judge George Gale
Incorporated as a Village
This marker placed by
Fort Perrot Chapter
Daughters of the American Revolution
Erected 1938 by Daughters of the American Revolution, Fort Perrot Chapter.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 44° 5.039′ N, 91° 20.914′ W. Marker is in Galesville, Wisconsin, in Trempealeau County. Marker is on South Main Street (U.S. 53) north of East Ridge Drive, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker can also be reached from the north end of Davis Avenue. Marker is in this post office area: Galesville WI 54630, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Galesville Bridge (within shouting distance of this marker); Downtown Galesville Historic District (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Ridge Avenue Historic District (approx. half a mile away); John F. Cance / Galesville Area Veterans Memorial Gale College Historic District (approx. one mile away); Decorah Peak (approx. 1.6 miles away); The McGilvray "Seven Bridges Road" (approx. 4.8 miles away); The Mississippi River Parkway: (approx. 6.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Galesville.
Also see . . . Galesville, Wisconsin. Wikipedia entry. (Submitted on December 24, 2009.)
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 24, 2009, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 613 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 24, 2009, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on May 1, 2014, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.