Stratford in Fairfield County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
ócirca 1913 ó
In 1913, this 1830ís haybarn was topped with a clocktower which was acquired in Massachusetts by the Boothes in exchange for a carpet sweeper. They installed Westminster Chimes, and inscribed the five massive bells with their genealogy. The museum opened in 1913.
Location. 41° 14.149′ N, 73° 6.646′ W. Marker is in Stratford, Connecticut, in Fairfield County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Main Street (Connecticut Route 110) and Manor Hill Road, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Located in Boothe Memorial Park. Marker is in this post office area: Stratford CT 06614, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Boothe Homestead (here, next to this marker); a different marker also named Boothe Homestead (a few steps from this marker); Technocratic Cathedral (within shouting distance of this marker); Blacksmith Shop (within shouting distance of this marker); Merritt Parkway Toll Booth Plaza (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Liberty Rock (approx. 2.3 miles away); VFW Post 9460 Memorial (approx. 2.6 miles away); Nichols, Conn. World War Veterans Memorial (approx. 2.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Stratford.
Also see . . . History of Boothe Memorial Park and the Clocktower Museum. (Submitted on January 1, 2010.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 27, 2009, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 698 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 27, 2009, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.