Crawfordville in Taliaferro County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Home of Alexander Hamilton Stephens
W.P.A. 1936 U.D.C.
Erected 1936 by Works Progress Administration and the United Daughters of the Confederacy.
Marker series. This marker is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy, and the Works Progress Administration (WPA) projects marker series.
Location. 33° 33.467′ N, 82° 53.717′ W. Marker is in Crawfordville, Georgia, in Taliaferro County. Marker is on Memorial Street 0.1 miles north of Lexington Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. The marker is mounted on a stone at the walk leading from Memorial Street to the front of the house in A. H. Stephens Historic Park. Marker is in this post office area: Crawfordville GA 30631, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named Liberty Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); Crawfordville Baptist Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Crawfordville Academy Alexander Stephens Institute Site of Childhood Home of Richard Malcolm Johnston (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Roselle Mercier Montgomery (approx. ¼ mile away); Taliaferro County World Wars Memorial (approx. ¼ mile away); Crawfordville Confederate Memorial (approx. ¼ mile away); Taliaferro County World War I Memorial (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Crawfordville.
Also see . . .
1. A biography of Stephens. (Submitted on January 6, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
2. Liberty Hall. The Wikipedia entry. (Submitted on January 6, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Government • Politics •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 6, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 831 times since then and 69 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 6, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.