Virginia Beach, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Francis Land House
The Francis Land House, circa 1732. Marked by Princess Anne County Chapter, NSDAR, Bicentennial Project, Nov. 13, 1976.
Erected 1976 by Princess Anne County Chapter, National Association, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 36° 50.529′ N, 76° 4.777′ W. Marker is in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Marker is on Virginia Beach Boulevard (U.S. 58) east of Kings Grant Road, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Virginia Beach VA 23452, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. History of Thalia/Aunt Penny's Park (approx. 2 miles away); Lake Trashmore Bank Stabilization (approx. 2.6 miles away); Seal of the City of Virginia Beach (approx. 2.7 miles away); The Pembroke Manor House (approx. 3.1 miles away); The Testing of Grace Sherwood (approx. 3.4 miles away); Lynnhaven House Old Donation Church (approx. 3½ miles away); Chesapeake Indians (approx. 4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Virginia Beach.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 21, 2007, by Laura Troy of Burke, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,773 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on September 21, 2007, by Laura Troy of Burke, Virginia. 2. submitted on July 24, 2009, by Kristin Rollins of Portsmouth, Virginia. 3. submitted on September 21, 2007, by Laura Troy of Burke, Virginia. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.