Near Carnesville in Franklin County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Hebron Presbyterian Church
>>>>--- 2 mi. --->
Erected 1957 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 059-6.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 18.483′ N, 83° 22.317′ W. Marker is near Carnesville, Georgia, in Franklin County. Marker is at the intersection of Georgia Route 59 and Bold Spring Road (County Route 164), on the right when traveling north on State Route 59. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Carnesville GA 30521, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Federal Road Historic District Nails Creek Baptist Church (approx. 4.8 miles away); Mt. Pleasant Church (approx. 5.6 miles away); Cromer's Mill Covered Bridge (approx. 6½ miles away); Banks County (approx. 7.4 miles away); Home of Governor L.G. Hardman (approx. 8.8 miles away); Franklin County (approx. 8.9 miles away); Indian Boundary (approx. 9.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Carnesville.
Also see . . . National Register of Historic Places datasheet. Statement of significance for this church. (Submitted on August 16, 2018, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon.)
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 17, 2018. This page originally submitted on January 14, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,675 times since then and 64 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on January 14, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.