Near Surry in Surry County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Organization of the Christian Church
Erected 1935 by Conservation & Development Commission. (Marker Number K-236.)
Location. 37° 7.479′ N, 76° 50.729′ W. Marker is near Surry, Virginia, in Surry County. Marker is on Colonial Trail West (Virginia Route 10) north of Rolfe Highway (Virginia Route 31), on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Surry VA 23883, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Smith’s Fort Plantation (approx. one mile away); Chanco (approx. 1.1 miles away); Surry County War Memorial (approx. 1.1 miles away); Surry County Confederate Monument (approx. 1.1 miles away); Capt. Jacob Faulcon, C.S.A. (approx. 1.1 miles away); Pleasant Point (approx. 2.2 miles away); Chippokes Plantation (approx. 2.2 miles away); History on Crouch’s Creek (approx. 2.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Surry.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 24, 2007, by Laura Troy of Burke, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,332 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 24, 2007, by Laura Troy of Burke, Virginia. 4. submitted on September 20, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.