Fairfield in Fairfield County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
Isaac Tucker House
-- 1766 –
Left standing when the British burned Fairfield
Location. 41° 8.554′ N, 73° 14.902′ W. Marker is in Fairfield, Connecticut, in Fairfield County. Marker is on Beach Road 0.1 miles west of Sunnieholm Drive, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 249 Beach Road, Fairfield CT 06824, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Nathan Bulkley House (within shouting distance of this marker); Moorlands (within shouting distance of this marker); Fairfield Boulder (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Fairfield Honor Roll (about 500 feet away); Fairfield Vietnam War Memorial (about 500 feet away); Fairfield Revolutionary War Memorial (about 600 feet away); Fairfield (about 600 feet away); Thomas Sherwood Memorial (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fairfield.
Regarding Isaac Tucker House. The Isaac Tucker House is a private residence and is not open to the public.
1. Isaac Tucker-Jonathan Maltbie-William Maltbie-Justice Hobart House
This house was built be Isaac Tucker, sold to Captain Jonathan Maltbie of Revolutionary War fame, who bequeathed this house to his son, William Maltbie (founder of Lawrenceville Georgia). William Maltbie sold this house to Justice Hobart. This house was one of a few that survived the burning of Fairfield by the British during July 7-8, 1779.
— Submitted October 20, 2013, by Cathetine F Brown of Atlanta, Georgia.
Categories. • Notable Buildings • War, US Revolutionary •
More. Search the internet for Isaac Tucker House.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 3, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 1,403 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 3, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.