Burnet in Burnet County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
The Burnet Bulletin
Completed in 1872, this structure was used continuously as a general retail merchandising store until about 1900. Since that time it has served as a combination furniture store and mortuary and as telephone company offices. The second floor was used as a courtroom during the 1930s, while a new county courthouse was constructed.
With historic ties to the early days of Burnet, both the "Bulletin" and this building are important reminders of the area's heritage.
Erected 1985 by the Texas Historic Commission. (Marker Number 9705.)
Location. 30° 45.387′ N, 98° 13.633′ W. Marker is in Burnet, Texas, in Burnet County. Marker is at the Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 101 E Jackson St, Burnet TX 78611, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. General Adam R. Johnson (within shouting distance of this marker); Oldest Commercial Building in Burnet (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Badger Building (about 400 feet away); The Galloway House (about 400 feet away); Burnet County Jail (about 600 feet away); Rocky Rest (approx. 0.2 miles away); Old Cook Home (approx. 0.2 miles away); George Whitaker Home (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Burnet.
Also see . . . The Burnet Bulletin. (Submitted on February 13, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas.)
Categories. • Communications •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 13, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 844 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 13, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.