Burnet in Burnet County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1936 by the State of Texas. (Marker Number 9704.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. Marker has been reported missing. It was located near 30° 46.785′ N, 98° 14.045′ W. Marker was in Burnet, Texas, in Burnet County. Marker was on U.S. 281 1.7 miles north of Burnet. Touch for map. Marker was in this post office area: Burnet TX 78611, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this location, measured as the crow flies. The Russell-McFarland Homestead (approx. 1.4 miles away); Old Cook Home (approx. 1.4 miles away); Site of Fort Croghan (approx. 1½ miles away); Burnet County Jail (approx. 1.6 miles away); General Adam R. Johnson (approx. 1.6 miles away); The Badger Building (approx. 1.7 miles away); The Burnet Bulletin (approx. 1.7 miles away); Oldest Commercial Building in Burnet (approx. 1.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Burnet.
More about this marker. This marker could not be found at the location specified by the Texas Historical Commission.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 13, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 690 times since then and 25 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on March 23, 2010. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A clear, close-up photo of the marker. • A photo of the marker and the surrounding area in context. • Can you help?