Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Valdosta in Lowndes County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

Christian Science Church

 
 
Christian Science Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By David Seibert, January 19, 2010
1. Christian Science Church Marker
Inscription. The Valdosta Episcopal Congregation, organized ca. 1871, held services in the courthouse until this building, originally a frame structure, was constructed in 1885. (Stucco was added in 1910.) The first service was held here on February 21, 1886, and the church was consecrated December 1887. The Christian Science Society acquired the property on June 1, 1952, after Christ Episcopal Church had moved into a new edifice on North Patterson Street in 1949.
 
Erected 1993 by The Valdosta Town Committee.
 
Location. 30° 49.981′ N, 83° 16.6′ W. Marker is in Valdosta, Georgia, in Lowndes County. Marker is on East Central Avenue (U.S. 84) 0 miles east of North Lee Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 305 East Central Avenue, Valdosta GA 31601, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Primitive Baptist Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Lowndes County (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Old City Hall (approx. 0.2 miles away); Nationsbank (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site of Cotton Exchange
Christian Science Church image. Click for full size.
By David Seibert, January 19, 2010
2. Christian Science Church
(approx. mile away); Troop Encampment Site (approx. mile away); First Presbyterian Church (approx. mile away); Valdosta Institute (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Valdosta.
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 15, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 643 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on February 15, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement