Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Valdosta in Lowndes County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

Primitive Baptist Church

 
 
Primitive Baptist Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By David Seibert, January 19, 2010
1. Primitive Baptist Church Marker
Inscription. Built in 1869 by the Valdosta Baptist Church, this is the oldest extant Church building in Valdosta. The building was purchased by the Valdosta Primitive Baptist Church when it was constituted on January 28, 1899.
 
Erected 1993 by The Valdosta Town Committee.
 
Location. 30° 49.983′ N, 83° 16.55′ W. Marker is in Valdosta, Georgia, in Lowndes County. Marker is on East Central Avenue (U.S. 84) 0 miles west of North Troup Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 315 East Central Avenue, Valdosta GA 31601, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Christian Science Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Lowndes County (approx. 0.2 miles away); Old City Hall (approx. 0.2 miles away); Nationsbank (approx. mile away); Troop Encampment Site (approx. mile away); Site of Cotton Exchange (approx. mile away); First Presbyterian Church (approx. mile away); Valdosta Institute (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Valdosta.
 
Regarding Primitive Baptist Church. The church building now houses the Pentecostal House of Prayer.
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.
 
Primitive Baptist Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By David Seibert, January 19, 2010
2. Primitive Baptist Church Marker
Primitive Baptist Church image. Click for full size.
By David Seibert, January 19, 2010
3. Primitive Baptist Church
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 16, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 656 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on February 16, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement