Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Marble Falls in Burnet County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Marble Falls School Building

 
 
Marble Falls School Building Marker image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson, December 23, 2007
1. Marble Falls School Building Marker
Inscription. Adam R. Johnson donated land at this site for construction of the present two-story granite building. Completed in 1891, it originally housed the Marble Falls Alliance University. Near Backbone Creek, east of this main building, a wooden boarding house was built for the students. The property was sold later in 1891 at a sheriff's sale, but continued to be leased for use as a tuition school. In 1908 the local voters chose to buy the structure, and it has been used for classes by the Marble Falls School District since that date.
 
Erected 1980 by the Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9731.)
 
Location. 30° 34.978′ N, 98° 17.18′ W. Marker is in Marble Falls, Texas, in Burnet County. Marker is on Broadway St., on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2005 Broadway St, Marble Falls TX 78654, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Governor O. M. Roberts' House (approx. 0.9 miles away); Marble Falls Depot (approx. 0.9 miles away); Michel's Drug Store (approx. 0.9 miles away); 1910 Post Office Building (approx.
Marble Falls School Building image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson, December 23, 2007
2. Marble Falls School Building
one mile away); Granite Mountain (approx. one mile away); Brandt Badger House (approx. one mile away); The Roper Hotel (approx. one mile away); Hoag-Faubion-Fuchs House (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marble Falls.
 
Categories. Education
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 17, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 568 times since then and 42 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on February 17, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement