Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Noblesville in Hamilton County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Shirts Building

 
 
Shirts Building Marker image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., December 29, 2009
1. Shirts Building Marker
Inscription.
Site of the First Presbyterian Church from 1850-1903, this building was erected in 1904 by Stella Shirts. A central staircase between two ground-floor retail spaces leads up to four office that retain much original woodwork.
 
Erected by Noblesville Main Street, Inc.
 
Location. 40° 2.706′ N, 86° 0.802′ W. Marker is in Noblesville, Indiana, in Hamilton County. Marker is on 9th Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is between Conner Street (Indiana Routes 32/38) and Maple Avenue. Marker is at or near this postal address: 54/56 S. 9th Street, Noblesville IN 46060, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Richwine Block (a few steps from this marker); R. R. Stephenson Block (a few steps from this marker); Corner Drug Store (within shouting distance of this marker); Caylor Block (within shouting distance of this marker); Bachman Building (within shouting distance of this marker); New York Store (within shouting distance of this marker); Wainwright Trust Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Heylmann Repository (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Noblesville.
 
Also see . . .
Shirts Building and Marker image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., December 29, 2009
2. Shirts Building and Marker
 A Brief History of Noblesville. (Submitted on February 23, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
 
Categories. Industry & CommerceNotable Buildings
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 23, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 624 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on February 23, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.
Paid Advertisement